The College of Media & Communications and fellow TTU COMC alumni host an event in Dallas each year for current Texas Tech COMC students. The goal of the event is to encourage students in their transition from college to the real world through panel discussions of hot topics, alumni chats and a keynote speaker. Students also engage and interact one-on-one with fellow Tech alumni throughout the conference which leads to great connections as a professional. Students at any level are encouraged to attend, but especially seniors about to graduate. This opportunity is one that should not be missed for any student hoping to launch their career post graduation and be ahead of the curve. The job market is very competitive in this industry, but with the right network and resources, you won't be left behind. Join us for a jam-packed day of learning, growing and networking!
why should you attend?
- Sessions on the latest in job hunting, career decisions, trends and much more from various industries including: gaming, music, nonprofits, sports media, entertainment, news media and government relations!
EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE
- Add to your career toolkit with tactics and strategies to keep you up-to-date in today's evolving communications and marketing roles.
- Meet potential employers, alumni, expert resources, friends and classmates. The Career Development Conference is designed to maximize your time networking and meeting people who are important to you.
- The annual event is located in the Dallas area and less than 30 minutes from DFW and Love Field airports for any non-Dallas residents.
- The conference is offered at a low rate of $15 for current students and recent graduates.